Tuesday, March 1, 2016

27 Weeks.

At 27 weeks:

Size: Rutabaga or a head of cauliflower. About 13.6-14.8 inches. 1.5-2.2 pounds.

Major Happenings: He's made it to the earliest point he could survive outside the womb, if premature. His brainstem (controls heart rate, breathing, and blood pressure) is almost fully developed! His cerebral cortex (forms consciousness and allows us to think, feel, and perform voluntary actions) is growing more and more! He can stretch and make grasping motions, now. He's finally showing some brain activity. This is the last week of the 2nd trimester.

What's Been Happening: We've had family in town several weekends in a row, and March isn't slowing down at all! Whew. Liam and I came to Tennessee this week to spend some time with family, which is always fun!

Sleep: I hate to complain but sleep stinks right now. Ok...SLEEP itself doesn't stink...me not being able to sleep is what stinks! I haven't been able to breathe well this week because I've felt extremely crowded, but laying down is somewhat comfy. Last night I woke up 5 times realizing I was laying on my back and shifted to my side. Not to mention bathroom breaks. It's just been...interesting. I'm definitely in a hit or miss phase.

Miss Anything: Soda. Specifically Dr. Pepper and Cherry Coke. Tyler and I decided neither one of us would drink soda until after the baby comes...hopefully by that time we won't even want it anymore! It's SO BAD for us.

Food Cravings: I still just want hibachi and Doritos. Pineapple is creeping up there, but it sure is a lot of work to cut up. :)

Belly Button: Still in there!

Wedding Rings on or off: On! My fingers have started swelling a little bit this week though, so while we're at home they stay off.

Looking Forward To: One of our high school friend's wedding this weekend that Tyler's in. Also--the third trimester! How is this flying by so quickly?!

No comments:

Post a Comment