Monday, March 31, 2014

29 Weeks.

This past week had to be one of my very favorites because we got to see our families!!!!! If you know either of us well at all, you know we love our families with all of our hearts. We just can't get enough time with them!

Thursday was Tyler's birthday. He's now halfway to 50. Old man! To celebrate, we drove to Tennessee after I finished school for the day. We got to have dinner with Tyler's cousin and his family. They are the sweetest! I always feel encouraged in the best way when we leave them. They both love The Lord and teach their girls to love and fear The Lord, as well. I have been reading a book called Shepherding a Child's Heart. It's a parenting book about teaching your kids to love and fear The Lord and as parents pointing everything back to Christ and our need for Him to be our Savior. When I watch Casey and Kara with their girls, I'm encouraged to know this parenting approach really can be done! So anyway, after dinner we kept driving and finally made it to Murfreesboro! We had a crew (the Clem's) awaiting our arrival and stayed up half the night laughing our heads off! We love them to death! What better way to spend your birthday, Tyler?!

On Friday, Tyler was able to go fishing with his dad and brother while I spent a leisurely morning with my MIL (mother in law), which was priceless! Then I got to spend time with my mom and dad! That evening we had a cookout with almost his whoooooole family to celebrate Tyler! It was great seeing everyone!

Saturday we had our first baby shower! It was so special! I was incredibly happy to get to see some of my very best friends that I don't see often enough! At one point I felt like my heart was going to explode because of how overjoyed I was to see so many loved ones. Plus, we got some awesome things for Liam! We are very blessed, and we feel very loved.

We were able to go to the church Tyler grew up in on Sunday. It was a wonderful worshipful service! Plus, it was great worshipping with both of our families. We made it back late last night, and today I have post-Tennessee-trip-depression. It's a good thing some of our family members are coming here this weekend. Otherwise, I would've been a wreck leaving them yesterday! Oh, and one of the BEST things about the weekend was my mom, Tyler's mom, and Cassidy all got to feel Liam move! They're the first ones outside of Tyler and me :) that was super special!



At 29 weeks:

Size: Acorn Squash. About 15.2-16.7 inches. 2.5-3.8 pounds.

Major Happenings: He's continuing to get plumper. As am I! 


What's Been Happening: We had a crazy awesome weekend in Tennessee! Plus, a great baby shower!

Sleep: I've been sleeping pretty well! I know it could be a lot worse, so no complaints here!

Miss Anything: Slender fingers and toes! I'm really not badly swollen, but after our 5.5 hour drive Thursday my appendages looked like sausages! You know the latex gloves you can blow up with air? That's what I looked like. Much better today though! Unfortunately, I have been experiencing some back pains. Bleh.

Food Cravings: Yesterday we satisfied a craving I've had for weeks now. Real, cook in front of you HIBACHI. Fried rice is where it's at! I ate a HUGE helping of my own, then finished Tyler's. Not to mention the soup, salad, veggies, and steak that came with it. I rivaled my sisters boyfriend and Tyler's brother for who ate the most... Probably combined. I need to go for a 10 mile jog after that...

Bellybutton in or out: Half of it's in, half out.

Wedding Rings on or off: on. It was a close one with that swelling!

Looking Forward to: Our Calvary shower this Sunday and family coming into town :)


No comments:

Post a Comment