Monday, April 7, 2014

30 Weeks.

This weekend was a blast! My mom and dad (and their dog Blaze) got here Friday evening. We hung out at the house and enjoyed each other's company. I just can't get enough time with them! I love them so much! My sister Ashley and her husband Eric (and their dog Ranger) came into town that night, too! Saurday we woke up bright and early and made our way to "South Carolina's Largest Tourist Attraction"- the Anderson Jockey Lot (or as I like to call it...the Janky Lot). We spent way too much time there, but we loved it! Hey, one person's junk...

Ash & Eric

We grabbed some lunch at Fuddrucker's then made our way to the mall for a little bit of maternity shopping! I had a nice little pregnancy meltdown due to all of the sudden feeling overwhelmed. I tried SO HARD to resist, but sometimes you've just got to let the tears flow! ha! My poor momma. She didn't know why I was even crying...it would've been great if I had a clue! We were so pooped from our big shopping day that we crashed that night. Ordered Jet's Pizza and CRASHED.

The fam joined us at church Sunday, then we had our second BABY SHOWER! My roommate from college and another close friend from college SURPRISED me at the shower! They don't even live very close to our little town! It was just the best surprise! It had been WAY too long since I'd seen them.

 Shelbi & Jessica


We had so many wonderful people come to the shower! We have a very supportive church family here! Being away from our families can be really tough at times. What makes it so much easier is having a South Carolina family in our congregation. They are amazing! We couldn't have dreamed of having more wonderful baby showers the past two weekends. Liam is so incredibly loved and cared for already. We thank our wonderful Jesus for bringing us to this amazing church and for giving us so many fantastic loved ones!

They wrote me notes for late night feedings :)

Adorable diaper cake!

cute details.

so many wonderful gifts!

Mom & Ash! Miss them already.

The WONDERFUL hostesses. Shannon, Megan, Chelsea, Margaret, & April.

Liam's so loved!

Wow. I'm just blown away!



At 30 weeks:

Size: Cucumber. About 15.2-16.7 inches. 2.5-3.8 pounds.

Major Happenings: His skin is getting smoother. His brain is getting wrinklier to make way for essential brain tissue. He's now strong enough to grasp a finger!

What's Been Happening: We prepped this week for family coming into town. Tyler went on the Men's Retreat with the church. The highlight of the week was my parents, sister, and brother-in-law coming to town for our amazing baby shower! Plus, getting surprised by my two of my closest friends from college! One being one of my roommates :)

Sleep: I just haven't been getting enough. I jumped out of bed at 7:24 this morning when I was supposed to be at work BY 7:40 (at the latest)...not a great start to the morning, but I clearly needed that sleep! My dreams last night were super weird and scary, so those kept me awake as well. If I'm ever walking toward a weird abandoned building to try to play some maze "game," don't let me do it. Scariest. Experience. Ever.

Miss Anything: 2nd trimester! ha! I wasn't quite so tired back then!

Food Cravings: Nothing!

Bellybutton in or out: Almost all the way out!

Wedding Rings on or off: on. We're still making those rings work! YAY.

Looking Forward to: Spending some time with my hubby this week. I've missed him tremendously! We had two CRAZY weekends, and I barely saw him last week. I need some quality time with my honey. Especially since I leave SUNDAY for a trip to Texas to see one of my greatest friends from college- Mollie! I can't wait to see her sweet face! Also, I'm looking forward to organizing all of Liam's wonderful gifts. We have the most generous friends and family. We're SO THANKFUL!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad so many people loved on you this weekend!! It killed me not being there! :(

    ReplyDelete