Monday, April 21, 2014

32 Weeks.

We only have 5 weeks until Liam is full term, folks. Wow!

This week was incredibly eventful, to say the least! We FINALLY made it to Spring Break. The timing couldn't have been more impeccable. I needed a break!

Last Sunday, I flew all the way to Texas (and drank over 130 ounces of water the day before so my swelling wouldn't be bad)! I went to see my two wonderful friends- Mollie and Amanda. The reunion was sweet and long overdue!


To preface this story, I usually fly Southwest, so I wasn't prepared for having to pay $50 to get my bag to Texas and then back home. That's such a stupid thing anyway, and Delta seriously needs to jump on the Southwest bandwagon. So I joked with Tyler and (regretfully) said, "wouldn't it be funny if we paid all this money and my bag never makes it?" Haha...
Well, We began looking for my bag in Texas, and it was nowhere to be found. A purple bag with a Mickey tag on it kept circling around, but it certainly wasn't mine. We reported it to the head honcho (very tall, large intimidating man), and after I described it, he walked over and picked up the purple bag [that certainly wasn't mine], and looked at me like I was the biggest idiot in Texas. Or on planet earth. But everything's bigger in Texas, so I guess he thought Texas. Anyway... I politely said, "sir, that's not my bag..." To which he looked surprised. I may be blonde but really? He called the real owner of this purple bag, and what do you know? She took mine! Has this really ever happened? I mean come on! Ha! This grandmother with her grandson sheepishly walked up about 15 minutes later with my bag. She gave me a big ole' Texas hug and apologized...BLESS! Hey, I'm just glad it made the trip! Catastrophe averted. Especially since I wouldn't have fit into either of my friends clothes this week. Way too large for that...

So anyway...the week was absolutely wonderful! Mollie's in grad school, so most of my days consisted of sleeping in, eating, then napping right after :) my mom tells me this was the best thing for me because if I was at home, I would've been a busy body. She was absolutely right! I was forced to rest, and I'm so glad I did!

The afternoons/evenings were the best! Monday night, we went to Amanda's house and watched Say Yes to the Dress and a girly movie, ate cookies and watermelon, and were just plain girly! We reverted back to our sorority days! Tuesday night we had a night out! We ate at an Italian place called Baris. I couldn't wait to get my hands on some pizza! Then we had to follow it up with frozen custard. Oh yumminess! This was the best. Thank you, Katie, for your great custard!

So excited to be together!

Sweet Amanda.
The best little ever, Mollie!




My last day in town, Amanda took me to this amazing local coffee shop (local is my fave!) where I experienced Mexican Hot Chocolate. HOLY MOLY. amazing. Then we toured Cameron Park and took selfies out by the cliff overlooking Waco- Lover's Leap to be exact.



We then went to this totally amazing store called Spice...it's like 18 boutique stores all thrown together in this rustic warehouse with all kinds of rustic decor. Oh I was loving it! Of course it was then time to take more pics!

Weirded out by the belly!



 And did I mention...Amanda and I ACCIDENTALLY matched?! We felt the need to justify this wherever we went. ha!

That evening we had dinner at this really great place called Homestead Heritage. It's this place where they grow their own food and make their own stuff. They were Mennonites at some point and now they're doing their own thing? or something like that? I don't have all my facts straight. It was such a neat place to eat! And DELICIOUS!
BELLY. BUTTON.

We are the weirdest Big/Little combo, and I LOVE it!




That evening we went to Amanda's and watched Frozen. This trip was filled with so much laughter and fun! I'm beyond thankful for time with both of them! My heart is encouraged!


After I got back home, I repacked, and Tyler and I went camping with 3 other married couples the next morning. Whew. This was an experience! It may have rained for about 12 or so hours while we were there. Plus, it was cold. And I'm 7 months pregnant. What was I thinking?! I just can't miss out on a good time, that's what! Despite the rain and cold temps, we had fun! I loved sitting around a camp fire with 7 friends, singing songs and making S'Mores. It was a great end to Spring Break! 

The men preparing the camp!

Someone's secretly a spider monkey...

Our site!

Love these people!



The ladies preparing the yummies!



COLD boat ride!

Someone was a little sleeeeeeepy....

So thankful for warmth of a fire!

Moose giving us a word...

This view made it pretty worth it!


Easter was awesome, of course! What's better than celebrating our risen Savior?! I'm incredibly grateful for my salvation and relationship with the Creator of the universe! After church we had dinner at our pastor's house with his whole family and the music minister's family! They've taken us in :) This was a good thing because we were about to scrounge up some grilled cheese or something after the week I had. ha! Plus, we just love those people so much! Y'all have already won Liam over with the good food you gave us, I tell ya! :)

My husband's a STUD.

So there you go. If you made it all the way down here and read everything, you're a trooper and deserve a gold star! 

Now I need a break after Spring Break.


At 32 weeks:

Size: A large Squash or a large Jicama. About 15.2-16.7 inches. 2.5-3.8 pounds.

Major Happenings: He has his toenails, fingernails, and real hair! He's likely in the head-down position (so they tell me) to prep for birth. What in the world?! So. FAST.

What's Been Happening: Took a trip to Texas and went camping. Also, our GLIDER came in! We just have to go pick it up!

Sleep: Not too shabby. Continuing with the weirdo dreams! They are blowing my mind. I had to pray pray pray for the Lord to take away scary images this morning. Eeeeeek! No fun.

Miss Anything: Feeling "normal." I'm definitely starting to feel Liam crowding my lungs. I've had a really easy pregnancy so far (praise be to God!), but I'm feeling aches and pains I've never quite felt before these days.

Food Cravings: Watermelon!!!!! Holy cow. We just bought watermelon #5 last night...5th one in two weeks. I JUST CAN'T HELP MYSELF! If you ever have any lying around that you don't want, send 'em on!

Bellybutton in or out: This sucker just seems huge. OUTTIE.

Wedding Rings on or off: ON! Even after my big trips! YAAAY!

Looking Forward to: Picking up our GLIDER! Wahooooo!

1 comment:

  1. Andi! Why didn't I know you were that close to me? So thankful everything is going well with the little one!

    ReplyDelete