Monday, May 12, 2014

35 Weeks & The Nursery!

Wow! We've made it to 35 weeks. 2 more weeks until Liam's full term! #overwhelming!

We had a checkup on Thursday, and all is well, still! Thankfully! His heartbeat sounds great, and our doctor wasn't concerned with anything from the ultrasound. Thanks be to our great God!

This weekend was Mother's Day weekend, as we're all aware. After we slept until the mid afternoon Saturday (not ashamed), my sweet husband helped me finish up the nursery! Then we had a date night, which was much overdue. It's been way too long! He took me to Macaroni Grill. Holy yumminess! That bread, though. In that olive oil, though. I almost bit the waitress's hands off when she took half a loaf that was still on the plate...you know she put that in the TRASH! Shame shame shame. I almost cried. She was so cute, though. I said something about being pregnant and she was like "I WONDERED! I offended a lady the other day who had just had her baby when I asked if she was pregnant. Never again." She was fun! I also discovered that Tyler has a secret gift...he can WIN at any of those stupid little games like tic-tac-toe and make-a-square-out-of-the-dots ( I don't know the technical name...). He got me every time! He's a genius.

The pups love a good sleep-in Saturday...

 Macaroni Grill with my favorite! He's kinda creepin' in this but so cute!


After dinner, we ran to buy a basket from Target and then made a stop at Spill the Beans. Spill the Beans is a great local coffee shop in Greenville. Every time we go, he gets coffee, I get ice cream. Such a treat!

Mother's Day was sweet. I'm at the awkward stage where I'm like...is it weird if I celebrate Mother's Day? Am I even considered a mom yet? I know Liam's alive in me...so surely yes? But do I count yet? So I felt extremely awkward standing in church when they asked the moms to. I didn't stand the first time; I stood the second. The struggle is real. But man...I was emotional! I just kept thinking about our baby boy and how precious he already is. I kept praying that God would enable me to be a godly mother. That's what I want our baby boy to know me by- a mom who loves and fears the Lord...first and foremost!

I'm basically a beached whale...

Mmmm I just can't wait to kiss his sweet cheeks! So now...onto some fun stuff. We FINISHED THE NURSERY! Yes! yes! yes! I can hear the hallelujah chorus now! So...here are some before and after shots for you. Enjoy!

So this room BEFORE was our junk/guest room. It was this baby blue color that I did not enjoy:






We gave it a little paint job...






Added all our STUFF.



And finally completed it this weekend...










I love some of the details...

This is a painting one of our amazing students did for Liam.








At 35 weeks:

Size: Coconut. About 17.2-18.7 inches. 4.2-5.8 pounds.

Major Happenings: Apparently my uterus has grown 1,000 times its original size. How disturbing is that? His hearing is fully developed, and he responds best to high pitched noises. That opera we were practicing in the car Saturday night (to be like the singer in Macaroni Grill) must have been LOVELY to him. ha! 

What's Been Happening: Church softball games and hanging out with youth. I love our youth girls so stinkin much! I hung out with some of our high schoolers Friday night and had a blast. I'm so thankful for this ministry God's called us to!

Sleep: It's been okay. We bought a couple of fans because I'm so HOT all the time! And our house doesn't hold any cool air in this heat.

Miss Anything: My old, active body. But that's ok! All for a good cause!

Food Cravings: WATERMELON. Still. We bought #8 after our doctor's appointment Thursday...excuse me...I bought it. And didn't tell anyone I was going to.. hehehe.

Wedding Rings on or off: ON!

Looking Forward to: Seeing this sweet boy for the first time!

2 comments: