Thursday, January 7, 2016

Life Lately

This week has been a memorable one. On Saturday I got to have a Mommy's Day Out. This day was MUCH needed, and I hit all of my hot spots! SCORE.


First stop: HOBBY LOBBY. I could waste my life away in this store. I got a gift card from my mom and dad for Christmas and decided I needed to make a winter wreath. My wreaths were either straight up Christmas or Spring. So, a winter wreath was a MUST! First, I found some Pinspiration.


Then I gathered supplies.


All that shopping made for a hungry gal. So, naturally PANERA BREAD it was! I LOVE their Greek salad and I was SUPER bummed when they took my favorite panini off the menu...the Smokehouse Turkey Panini. And now I cannot find a sandwich I love there. I need help! Open to suggestions!

   

Next on the list: TARGET. Conveniently, I parked where I could snap a shot inside my car. So, I avoided judgmental glances...that I know of. We received some cash from Tyler's grandparents for Christmas, so I bought two new tops for my growing belly.


Starbucks came next. Caramel Apple Spice for the win! I got to spend some time with the Lord and read a bit. Ironically, I'm reading a book called The Fringe Hours, and it's all about making time for yourself so you can recharge and better take care of those around you. As women, we are all over the place, serving everyone around us. Sometimes, we need some time for ourselves. This book was a Christmas present from my hubby. That speaks volumes, since he sees how I spend basically all my time. I'm so thankful he supports me taking care of me, too! It's been a very interactive and great read so far.


Once I got home, I felt like being a great mom again :) So, I took my buddy out for a spin in his "Toot Toot Chugga Chugga Big Red Car!" This is his latest "Cheese face." It looks evil, but he's trying to smile! Sometimes it turns out nicer than this!


After we strolled a bit, I got to work on my wreath, and Liam played with Play-Doh!


Remember the Pinspiration:


And now see the finished project. I love seeing this on my door! It's probably my favorite one I've made thus far!

   

Sunday after church I snapped a couple of pics. This is his "Cheese face" when it looks nice! 
That sweet boy.

   

On Monday I went to the doctor for our halfway point ultrasound. I was 18 weeks, 6 days. WOW! I cannot believe it's been going so quickly! They checked our baby out all over. Unfortunately, Tyler had the time wrong, and he couldn’t make it because of a meeting. So, I was walking into this already a bit more nervous than usual because he wasn’t with me. I was so excited to see our boy again, though! The ultrasound tech said she noticed Echogenic Intracardiac Focus aka EIF. She explained that this is quite common, and it usually clears itself up. She said it’s not in any way a heart defect but only a calcium buildup in his heart. She said it’s 100% not anything to worry about because everything else was normal. Yes, it’s linked to Down Syndrome, but only if paired with other abnormal signs. I met with the doctor, and he mentioned it as well after looking over the ultrasound pictures. He reassured me that this is nothing to worry about because there aren’t any other signs of anything and this clears up on its own. It shouldn't have any bad effects on baby. All of that to say, continue to pray baby #2 is healthy and protected!
Here he is:

    

The rest of Monday and Tuesday looked a lot like this: PLAY PLAY PLAY! 
I love that Liam finds so much joy in the simplest of things!

  

Then Wednesday came. It wasn't the best of days, to be honest. I loaded Liam up, headed to Best Buy to exchange our Apple TV. As we got out (getting babies out of car seats is a chore!) and got his jacket on, I realized I forgot the REMOTE. So, I couldn't return it--the main reason I drove to Anderson. Thankfully, the Lord allowed me to keep things in perspective, and I just laughed it off! Once we got back home, I was doing laundry and all the sudden I heard a GUSH of rushing water coming from the bathroom. I ran in there to find water pouring out of our sink cabinets. Not only water, but also bits of toilet paper and poop. Ahhhhh. These pictures don't do the nastiness justice.

  

City water came out and told us to call a plumber...


Meanwhile. momma bear was gagging all over the place cleaning and sanitizing the bathroom.

  

All this was taking place while Tyler was trying to get ready for Wednesday night youth worship. Of all the days! BUT I can't tell you enough how GOD makes a difference in my life. He kept me stable and fixed on Him throughout this whole day. And that is no reflection of me AT ALL. He just sustained me, and I laughed through it all. It was a MIRACLE. I've been working on not riding on the waves of my emotions but rather remembering who God is and keeping things in perspective. 
So, praises to HIM!

The plumber came out today and found a major clog by the road. He fixed it up, and we're good to go! YAY!

So, that's our crazy life lately! Stay tuned tomorrow for Friday Favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment