Monday, January 4, 2016

NYE As Old(er) People

I have to share how our New Year's Eve went! This is the very first New Year's Eve that we did nothing but stay at home with our little family. 

First of all, I thought this was hilarious! Oh, how things change!



Our day began by taking a CRAZY trip to Walmart...y'all. Don't you dare go to Walmart on New Year's Eve day. 6 lanes were closed with the purpose of returns. The rest were open and packed. I'm not kidding when I tell you I waited in line longer than I actually shopped. 45 minutes-1 hour! I'M NOT JOKING. But this kid got BALLOONS. SO, it was all worth it. Thank goodness his daddy was there to take him out to the car when he started throwing a fit because mommy wouldn't let him down to wander...in a sketchy Walmart. Tough life, kiddo.


Liam took a good long nap, and so did mommy and daddy :) We watched lots of football, and once I finally got up from my nap, I put together THIS spread. Walmart trip worth it.


Once Liam got up, he got to run around without pants all night, so he was happy! Plus, we blew up balloons for him and Kyla to play with. They had a BLAST.








Our other dog Bella is TERRIFIED of thunder and fireworks. I mean TERRIFIED. She convulses. And pants with her tongue stretched out like a Fruit by the Foot. She won't leave your side, and plants herself in between your legs if you're standing up. I. Couldn't. Stand. It. Bless her! All night long she was like that, and it drove us crazy. Darn fireworks.


New Year's Eve with my FAVORITE people!!!


 The rest of the night had no pictures. We played hard with Liam. We found a fakeout countdown on Netflix with King Julien from Madagascar for him before he went to bed at 8:30. We had so much fun with that! We danced and counted down. He was totally freaked out and couldn't understand what we were doing, but his smiles were precious! 




Once he went to bed, we watched more football then broke out plastic cups at 11:50PM for our sparkling grape juice! My favorite. We counted down with NYC, kissed at midnight, then hit the sack. #tooold

New Year's Day was one for the books! Liam (and mom and dad) slept until 11:30 AM. I KID YOU NOT! It was a miracle! He ate lunch as his first meal of the day. BOOM. We played and read tons of books and watched more football. He wanted to read my favorite book of his right now You're Here for a Reason by Nancy Tillman about 100 times. It was sweet!



Then, I began stripping our home of Christmas. It was sad, but we recouped once I cleaned the house and it was FRESH! YAY!


We are excited for the new year! I will share my goals over at GLOW Live as Light on Thursday! We'll take our goals day by day :) Again, Happy New Year, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment